[Imc-web] Judgement Call: Threats or No?

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Tue Aug 3 17:36:33 CDT 2004

for what it's worth, i think it reads as a threat also.  when you hide it,
make sure we have it documented as being hidden as a threat.

--sascha

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Danielle Chynoweth wrote:

> I agree too.  Hide and delete out threats of death.  It is different than
> "I wish Bush were dead."  It could be considered a call to action.
>
> Danielle
>
> On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Zachary C. Miller wrote:
>
> > > I'd say hide it, perhaps even delete the parts about kill and shoot.
> >
> > I agree.
> >
> > I don't think it matters if the threat is against a local or not. Our
> > site has a global audience. A threatening call to action to shoot and
> > kill against real people is uncool. That this post clearly isn't
> > satire and clearly doesn't contain any informational content besides
> > the call to deadly action makes this case even stronger.

Sascha Meinrath
Project Manager & Pres.  *  Project Coordinator  *  Project Manager
Acorn Worker Collective *** CU Wireless Network *** Eggplant Active Media
www.acorncollective.com  *  www.cuwireless.net   *  www.eggplantmedia.com