[Imc-web] Feature Hidden

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 7 17:31:23 CST 2004

I hid the feature that was headlined "University of Illinois arrests
patients who can't pay hospital bill" because I don't think it is
factual, although maybe there's something here I don't quite understand.
http://ucimc.org/newswire/display/15095/index.php

AFAIK, the U of I does NOT own Carle, which seems to be where the
mistake was made. While the DN story itself may be a local story of
significance, the misleading headline doesn't do anything for our
crdibility as a news source.

I restored the Local Newswire version of this story. I would also be OK
with a corrected version going back up as a feature, but I leave that up
to either the original poster or to a group decision by us to correct
the headline and story before that is done.