[Imc-web] Re: [Imc-info] april 1 humor on indy main

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Wed Mar 31 12:09:05 CST 2004

awesome!  i think if we ever stop being able to laugh at ourselves than
we're definitely taking ourselves too seriously.  i guess you know you're
doing great things when folks start paradying you.  i think we should post
the story as a feature on the UCIMC site also.

;)

in solidarity,

--sascha

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Shayne ONeill wrote:

> Hey. I've proposed a story to indy global newswire for the april 1 joke
> story idea
>
> "indymedia.org in merger talks with cbs/viacom"
>
> In the story I put imc-uc as the main oponents , claiming that indy is to
> concerned with money when it should be focusing on its original goal of
> providing news on indy rock music.
>
> Its a light hearted jab at the conspiacy stories that sometimes happen
> that uc-imc is too successfull with its fundraising.
>
> If you folks take offence I'll take that bit out. :)
>
> Solidarity in good humor;-
> Shayne.
>
> --
> Shayne O'Neill
> http://perth.indymedia.org
> I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
>  ----George W. Bush

Sascha Meinrath
Project Manager & President      *      Project Manager
Acorn Active Media Foundation   ***     Eggplant Active Media
www.acornactivemedia.com         *      www.eggplantmedia.com