[Imc-web] Re: [Imc-finance] Re: [Imc-info] april 1 humor on indy main

Shayne ONeill shayne at perthimc.asn.au
Wed Mar 31 15:32:19 CST 2004

Yeah I guess. Although I seriously hope people are not THAT confused to
believe any of it. I've put in a combination of both subtle errors and
glaring wrongness.

Wrong sirnames, a deliberate mispelling of Urbana Champaign . The Asia
Pacific targeting "Soccer moms" also has a subtle joke in that the region
covered here doesnt play soccer (we play australian rules football and
rugby[in new zealand]) and spell 'mom' 'mum'.

I think www-features are planning to do a bunch of nutty stories for a
while on april 1, then nuke them and leave a note explaining for the
humorless that it was just a big joke.

--
Shayne O'Neill
http://perth.indymedia.org