[Imc-web] Re: [Imc-tech] Jack Ryan and IMC Site

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 23 23:34:31 CST 2004

Paul,
Well, that's sort of reassuring.

However, I just checked comment #22128, which you probably hid. It claims to not be showing in both the editor screen and on the website when I'm signed in in editor mode on my primary computer, but when I went to my other computer, where I've been logged out since before I rebooted it earlier, and it shows plain as day, with nothing to indicate it is hidden in any fashion. Since #22128 was posted after I rebooted and cleared my cache, there is no way that this is just a residual image. I also checked it with IE, and it shows up there also, so it's not just my Mozilla that is flaky. I have no idea what could account for this, but something very strange is going on.

Maiko looked at the page source code on different examples of this flakiness, comparing it to other comments that have been correctly hidden by the system and couldn't see anything obviously wrong with that. The problem must lie deeper in the database or something.

Others on these list should check to see what they are seeing. It would be especially helpful to check computers that we haven't used to login as editors on. I'm curious as to WTH is going on.