[Imc-web] Another problem with my article

Daniel S. Lewart lewart at uiuc.edu
Wed Sep 8 10:51:55 CDT 2004

Randall,

> I was just trying to make a few minor improvements (I'm a perfectionist
> sometimes) and I wound up getting the original error message that started
> off my previous problems:

> Database Query Error
> Incorrect key file for table: 'articles'. Try to repair it

> I'm not even going to try anything else at this point, since the database
> may be corrupted.

> Please try to preserve my article so I don't have to redo it - it's pretty
> labor intensive.

Ugh!  I repaired it again (see below), but I am concerned that there are
some serious problems.  Any ideas anyone?

What do you think about creating a web page, say http://dn.chambana.net/?
Then if MySQL falls down again, you won't be affected.

See you Mon!
Dan

mysql> check table articles;
+----------------+-------+----------+----------------------------+
| Table          | Op    | Msg_type | Msg_text                   |
+----------------+-------+----------+----------------------------+
| ucimc.articles | check | warning  | Table is marked as crashed |
| ucimc.articles | check | status   | OK                         |
+----------------+-------+----------+----------------------------+
2 rows in set (39.07 sec)

mysql> repair table articles;
| Table          | Op     | Msg_type | Msg_text |
| ucimc.articles | repair | status   | OK       |
1 row in set (2 min 45.14 sec)

mysql> check table articles;
| Table          | Op    | Msg_type | Msg_text |