[Imc-web] trigger happy much?

Zachary C. Miller zach at chambana.net
Fri Apr 1 12:17:08 CST 2005

I'm so sure someone deleted my HAFD post. :( No sense of humor!

  You may have noticed that the server is a little slow today. That is
  no accident. Last night in a meeting of the UC-IMC Secret Council we
  voted by a margin of 4-1 to redirect 4 out of 5 packets to our contact
  in the FBI. Our hope is that Agent A. F. Day will be able to use
  Carnivore technologies to identify the speech patterns of those
  commentators on our website that do not pass the Progressive Litmus
  Test. We will then find those people's IP addresses and have them
  blacklisted. We are certain that Agent Day is not going to let this
  information get into the wrong hands because he has been really nice
  to us and he smiles a lot. Never fear, your information is secure if
  slow, it is being entrusted to a trusted ally in the federal
  government and soon we'll be rid of all those "wrong ideas" that keep
  cropping up on our website. This is a great example of a way that
  Indymedia can subvert the government's own technology for our own
  benefit by exploiting social networks and the general decency of
  federal workers.

  All of this is in keeping with the spirit of <a
  href="ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4041.txt">RFC 4041</a>
  which is now official Internet Policy. If we do not conform to RFC4041
  we may be subject to server seizure.

--
Zachary C. Miller - @= - http://zach.chambana.net/