[Imc-web] [Imc-info] RE: Bogus Article - Removal Request : Libel (fwd)

meghan at ucimc.org meghan at ucimc.org
Tue Mar 1 22:35:28 CST 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 20:57:49 -0600
From: Steve <zboxer at comcast.net>
To: info at ucimc.org, tech at ucimc.org
Subject: [Imc-info] RE:  Bogus Article - Removal Request  : Libel

Hello,

One of your contributors has wrote an untrue article about me and posted it to
about 50 different indymedia sites.  About 16 of the sites have so far removed
the bogus, untrue and fabricated article.

Whom do I write to request the article be removed from your server?  I'll
respond with the links.

The article amongst other things says the guy worked for me when he never
worked for me.  We simply worked for the same company... He says I had things
to do with the FBI and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and as you can well
imagine I never worked or had any association with any government agency. I
just pay my taxes. Amongst a host of other untrue statements he makes while
attacking me. Some of his statements are just far out there like he was
abducted by the FBI and tortured, etc.

I would appreciate your cooperation and would like to see the article removed.
The reason it came to my attention and I'm seeking to have it removed is
besides the article being totally fabricated my kids are now on the internet
and the article does not accomplish anything for your organization or the
public.  It's something I know is slanderous and libels me but I'm not
interested in litigation.

Upon your reply with the proper contact I will supply the link from your site
along with the duplicate sites for the same article.

Thanks.

Regards,
Steve