[Imc-web] bandwidth hijacked

Zachary C. Miller zach at chambana.net
Sun Mar 13 04:47:36 CST 2005

More on this...I would like to have banned the IP of the person who
uploaded the porn files in the first place but we didn't have IP
logging on at the time (I actually thought I did but I had it
misconfigured).

IP logging is now on. I am hoping that this person will upload some
more and we'll catch them in the act.

I have found that I can not possibly ban all the IPs of everyone who
is attempting to download this porn as they just keep coming. They are
all coming from a link on a particular norwegian porn blog.

These folks aren't sucking our bandwidth anymore because I've removed
the offending files but if new such files are uploaded we'll have to
deal with it. One of the files was "wmv" format and we do have
legitimate indymedia pieces uploaded in that format so I can't just
ban the format.