[Imc-web] why was my comment hidden

M L ml_ucimc at hotmail.com
Sun May 8 09:06:31 CDT 2005

Zapata,
Your comments resembled the script used by a certain spammer who has abused
our IMC's facilities over a three year period who has been banned here.
Please note that this person takes alternating stands of either anti-zionism
or of racism against Palestinians in order to troll IMCs. In our judgment,
this person's intent is not to express a political opinion, but to simply
troll the IMC network in hopes of provoking those on both sides of the issue
to waste their time arguing with him, instead of engaging in productive
dialogue.

Since this person uses a variety of fake screen names, it is something of a
judgment call when dealing with such material. When such material is
associated with an unknown user, it falls within what we consider the
pattern of abuse previously associated with this person and is hidden.

Given that you are already apparently using a nymn, instead of your name,
I'm a bit curious why you felt the need for another pseudonymn in this case,
but that is your business, not mine. However, given that the post in
question seems like it is now likely from a legitimate user, I have restored
it.
Mike