[Imc-web] request to delete some info from your webpage

David Teitelbaum davidlteitelbaum at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 2 15:32:03 CST 2006

Dear IMC,

Several years ago, I posted an article to the UofI
IMC, then asked to have it removed, prompting some
back-and-forth among the IMC moderators, before my
request was approved.

The reason for my email is that, if one searches on
google for my email username, "davidlteitelbaum" (at
yahoo.com), it brings up that email exchange between
myself and the IMC, and also the discussion among the
IMC volunteers (to which I was not even privy at the
time).

That page can be found by simply googling my user
name, or at:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&rls=SUNA%2CSUNA%3A2005-52%2CSUNA%3Aen&q=davidlteitelbaum

Since the reason for the whole exchange was that I did
not want certain information to be publicly available,
it is ironic that, after some three years, when
someone searches my name on the internet, the only
hits they will find refer them to that very
information that I wanted not to share.

I was recently informed by a colleague who was
conducting a background search on me that they were
perplexed by what they found. I was placed in an
awkward position of having to explain the background
of the matter.

I am further concerned that this very email I am
writing now will end up on the same page, and will
merely add to the confusing information associated
with me.

Therefore, I am requesting that you make an effort to
delete that information, those email exchanges, or
whatever you have to do to make it go away.

Thanks very much for your attention and action on this
issue.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any
questions or need any further information.

David Teitelbaum