[Imc-web] Patrick Thompson's accuser

Wendy Edwards wedwards at uiuc.edu
Thu Jul 6 16:29:11 CDT 2006

Some people expressed discomfort related to the name of Patrick
Thompson's accuser being posted on the IMC website.  Do we have
any policies in place related to this?  Personally, I have mixed
feelings.  On one hand, the anonymity makes it easier for
the accuser to make unfounded allegations without experiencing
serious consequences.  On the other, publicly identifying any
accuser could make a real rape victim more afraid to press charges.
Does anyone else have any opinions on this?

Wendy