[Imc-web] Patrick Thompson's accuser

Wendy Edwards wedwards at uiuc.edu
Thu Jul 6 17:31:36 CDT 2006

Well, at this point, the name is up at

http://www.ucimc.org/feature/display/123665/index.php
http://www.ucimc.org/feature/display/121475/index.php

It seems quite likely that her allegations are false, given
that she's apparently made similar accusations against other
men.  There's also an interesting lack of physical evidence.
However, someone suggested that even if this woman's a liar,
publishing her name could have a chilling effect on real
assault victims coming forward.  So I also support the idea
of looking into such a policy.  In the meantime, what do
people suggest we do about the current threads?

Wendy