[Imc-web] RE: Your IMC website article has been hidden

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 24 10:17:20 CST 2006

Mr. Anderson,
First of all, each IMC is completely autonomous. I can't help you with
UK. They each have their own set of website use policies. They do their
thing and we do ours. You can expect policies to vary. That is just one
reason why I explained that what happens elsewhere is not an excuse for
your behvior here.

Second of all, even aside from the fact that you've chosen to ignore
several requests to abide by our website use policies and now find
yourself in the situation you are in here at UC IMC, the posts you are
making also fall under another prohibited behavior, what we call
flooding, i.e. repeated posts of basically the same material.

I've already explained how you can avoid making duplicate copies of the
same post by not reloading a page after you've made a comment without
returning to the mainpage first. You've seen fit to ignore that.
Additionally, you've also felt it necessary to continue repeating the
same article over and over. Everyone is well aware of your two posts on
IMC Climate by now. Repeating this endlessly simply adds to the cause of
complaint here over your posting behavior.

As I noted, the situation now is that you've had your three chances to
follow our website use policy, been temporarily suspended, and yet
continue to post. This will be looked upon with great disfavor as
emblematic of your reckless disregard of our policy, thus lending weight
to the argument that a temporary suspension of any length will be
insufficient to address the problem. It's your suspension -- do with it
what you will -- but you're quickly digging a hole you'll find difficult
to get out of.
Mike Lehman