[Imc-web] request for feature status on IMC home page

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Sun May 7 14:36:35 CDT 2006

Hi Randall,
Altering the title that way will work for me. The server has been done
all day, but I'll make it a Feature when it becomes available.

Yeah, I'm completely aware that the FCC regs have no direct application
here. It's just that we don't have an attorney standing by to give us an
opinion and this seemed to be a way to conceptualize the concerns I had
about the title.

In fact, given the unprecedented way in which Indymedia and our 501c3
status present the possibility of conflicts in certain areas that remain
untested, even a lawyer might not have a definitive answer. It's just
that I think there are certain things we should be cautious about so as
to avoid creating the appearance of an issue, which usually avoids an
issue being raised that is really irrelevant. Having had to deal with
this on the website before, I think a bit of caution as long as it
doesn't hurt the story is probably a good policy. It's a long
complicated story, so I won't go into it here.
Regards,
Mike Lehman