[Imc-web] Re: got old dada ucimc.org to work on new server...

David Gehrig gehrigspamtrap at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 15:33:29 CDT 2006

Dan, I can take the hack out that allows publishing on dada
to resume, thereby reopening the spam gates, but I'd MUCH
rather get the new site in place.  I think that the new site
is ready.  If you change the DNS name, there is only one
change that needs to be made with drupal --

sites/settings/php has a line in it that sez

$base_url = ' http://new.ucimc.org';

That needs to be changed to:

$base_url = 'http://www.ucimc.org';

Other than that, everything else
should be pretty much okay (give or take a tweak).

We've already discussed the need for rewrite rules
(an area I have pretty much no experience in ) to map
onto the archive site --

www.ucimc.org/newswire/[...] <http://www.ucimc.org/newswire/%5B...%5D> =>
archive.ucimc.org/newswire/[...]<http://archive.ucimc.org/newswire/%5B...%5D>

and the other three from the earlier email.

Also -- if dada is up and running, are we seeing any sign
of the creeping performance degradation problem?