[Imc-web] cookies issue

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 2 14:45:29 CDT 2006

David,
OK, I've got my password for the new page and got in there. Not much
there now, but I'll check back periodically.

One thing that I know we've discussed and liked in the past for an
option in the new site would be to make anyone who is not a registered
user to come up with a user name "anonymous" in posting, to help cut
down on the silly sniping and trolling that we've seen so much of.

And of course, captchas to cut the spam to a minimum.

BTW, if it turns out that we have to leave older archives as part of the
old site behind due to the complexity and/or flakiness of the patches
involved in past updates, let's just do that, get the new site up,
running, and tested, and return to that mess later. I do want to get
them in eventually, but we're so held together with twine and baling
wire that we need to get something that is usable ASAP.
Mike Lehman