[Imc-web] Shutting Down Comments or the Site Until New Site is Live

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 17 11:05:52 CDT 2006

Wendy asked a week or so about putting the website on moderated status.
I agreed then it might be a good idea. Since then, things have only
gotten worse. While correlation is not necessarily cuasation, it should
be noted that the problem seems to go worse whenever the 0mostly)
Anonymous Vultures of the IMC Network starts circling. I've had my
suspicions about such a linkage for a long time, but proof is really
largely irrelevant at this point.

Given that it has become impossible to consistently get access to the
site because it is overloaded with incoming spam posts in order to keep
the spam cleaned up, I suggest that it is time to turn on moderation
until the new site is up. The spam is apparently at the point where it
overloads the server's ability to allow access from us to purge it. If
we can't simply shut down comments, then I suggest that we put the whole
site on moderation. I'm willing to write and post the notice if someone
else can take care of the technical end of things.