[Imc-web] Re: [IMC-US] new indy-cms project

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Wed Sep 20 18:06:48 CDT 2006

FYI:

Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 12:01:09 -0700
From: john duda <john at manifestor.org>
Subject: [IMC-US] new indy-cms project
To: imc-us at lists.indymedia.org

Hey,

Thought I'd give everyone on this list a heads-up about something
brewing in imc-tech-land.  Basically, the mir and sf-active
development teams are contemplating switching from a model where we
develop and maintain multiple custom indymedia content management/open
publishing systems, to one where we concentrate instead on adding
indymedia-specific features(and providing indymedia-specific support)
to a larger, more robust open source codebase.  Part of the thinking
here is that this will help us get back up to speed with features
which currently make the corporate web-ecosystem more attractive to
independent media makers(aka the appeal of stuff like flickr(yahoo),
myspace(news corp), blogger(google), youtube(soon to either be bought
by a media multinational or sued out of existence)).

So if there's things that bother you about existing imc software
options(or things you really like!), now's a good time to let the
techs know!  I'm likely, if this effort bears fruit, to want to move
imc-us over to whatever new system gets consensed upon.

the mailing list where this discussion is taking place:
http://lists.indymedia.org/imc-cms

some wiki stuff about this(this proposal first aired in the "techmeet"
which happened this summer in brasil):
http://techmeet.sarava.org/English/CMSProposal

-john

--

this is where my public key can be found:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 03817826

End of IMC-US Digest, Vol 5, Issue 4

--
Sascha Meinrath
Executive Director  *  Principal          *  President