[Imc-web] UCIMC Editorial Policy

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 7 09:35:17 CDT 2007

Given your pattern of abusive postings that consistently engage in
trolling behavior and implicit threats against other website users, your
question is pretty much irrelevant, but I will try to answer it below.
You also have a pattern of engaging in further abusive behavior once IMC
editors have suggested what you've done already might be inappropriate
under our editorial policy.

If you want to make a case why your account should not be permanently
blocked, then you have two options at this point. You can send an email
pleading your case and promising to not engage in further such behavior
to this list, which will be passed along to the Steering group for their
review as part of the package of evidence. Or you can attend the April
19 Steering meeting in person to do essentially the same thing.

But you should also know that UC IMC is well aware that there are others
who differ with us, because that is why Indymedia was established in the
first place. If your only point in visiting is letting us know how
unhappy you are that we cover the stories we do, we're already aware of
that. In fact, we have a lot of experience with that and our web
editorial policies were written and are enforced with the flexibility to
deal with the fact that certain users only purpose is to engage in
inappropriate behavior in an attempt to discourage other legitimate
users of the UC IMC site from posting news from a point of view that you
won't find in the dominant media. Constructive engagement from points of
view at odds with those typically found on UC IMC is permitted and
encouraged. Behavior such as yours is discouraged. We are under no
obligation to permit people like you to prattle on who've already made
their point, which it is clear you have done.

I purposely avoided any mention of editorial policy at either site in
regard to my posting about IP. I questioned why users at UC IMC have to
put up with the pointless repetition, like yours for instance, of what
we can already get from the dominant media, when IP users who make
similar comments are not graced with your commentary. This was a
question about people like you and your rationalizations in selectively
attacking the opinions of others. It was NOT a question about either IP
or UC IMC editorial policy.
Mike Lehman
PS May I ask why you chose the name you did?