[Imc-web] feature

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 13 14:17:25 CDT 2007

Yes, sounds good to me. It's a great article. I hope Steve Beckett's
sounding a bit like you in certain passages doesn't earn him the same
hate mail.

I made this a feature:
http://www.ucimc.org/node/1278

The story expands on our recent coverage of racial disparities in the
local law enforcement system. I am not too surprised that I read a
highly sanitized article in the N-G that papered over these disturbing
conclusions with what amounted to a pat on the back headline for the
local legal system. I never knew that Beckett was such a "radical" as to
believe that it's less than perfect. This article is far more
informative of the much more mixed message that court observers had than
the N-G reported, especially the statistical data.

Take note that I updated the timestamp of the B2P book sale so that it
remains on top of the queue.
Mike Lehman