[Imc-web] Coke kicked out!

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 7 08:50:50 CDT 2007

Brian,
Sure, later on tonight.

One other point about features I neglected to mention when asked
yesterday about that is the issue of timeliness in stories posted to the
website when considering whether to feature them. There is not much
urgency with either it or the Coke contract story.

Ray's article now has enough text, I suppose, but it isn't really urgent
given it's an older show. I also don't think we should feature every
show after its posted, unless there is some additional justification.
For this one, yes, having the student trustee as a guest provides that.

The Coke story would have been better last week, right after the
announcement. It isn't really timely now, plus, as has already been
noted, it leaves out an important part of the story in favor of an
expansive claim that is a bit questionable, detracting from its
describing with more accuracy the fact that pressure from activists did
no doubt contribute to the decision. But I'll feature it once the more
timely lead feature becomes passe this evening.

We need to keep these issues in mind when considering what to feature.
Such decisions are inevitably somewhat different than for print, for
example, with its much longer lead time.
Mike Lehman