[Imc-web] re Drupal upgrade

David Gehrig dgehrig at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Dec 11 10:05:50 CST 2007

I'm not going to be able to help if it's before the weekend, because
I'm in a crunch time here. So let me point you to the modifications
I made to the previous version of Drupal to make the Hidden Comments
work properly; it's only a few lines of code that are different.

http://www.ucimc.org/wiki/index.php/Drupal_Hidden_Comments

See also http://www.ucimc.org/wiki/index.php/Drupal_Migration

I didn't make any modifications to the database structure
specifically so that automatic upgrades of Drupal across
versions shouldn't break. But you will need to make the little
hacks I mentioned above in order to treat hidden comments
and stories properly.

@%<

On Dec 11, 2007 9:28 AM, dan blah <blah at chambana.net> wrote:
 > Hey all,
 >
 > Not exactly for sure whats going on here.  I think it might be an
 > issue with the newer version of PHP (the programing language
Drupal is
 > written in) session support (when you log in you create a session).
 > We will be working on this to come up with the solution as best we
 > can.  This may result in a fast track upgrade to our site.  Will keep
 > you posted.
 >
 > Thanks,
 > --
 > Daniel
 >

 > On Dec 11, 2007 9:19 AM, Mike Lehman <rebelmike at earthlink.net> wrote:
 > > David,
 > > No, it's fucked up right now and barely accessible. Things crashed
 > > yesterday and Dan got it back up. Only problem is that he somehow
 > > enabled maximum security, so that you have to log in every time you
 > > change to a different page or reload on the same page. Maiko
tells me it
 > > looks like it's tracking via Unix time or something. I sent a
message
 > > last night, but nobody has apparently read it yet.
 > > Mike Lehman
 > >

 > > David Gehrig wrote:
 > > > Am I the only one having problems staying logged in on the
UCIMC site?