[Imc-web] Questions about Activating Editor Privileges for Users

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 7 08:46:03 CST 2007

Can someone explain what the procedure on the website is for granting
editor privileges on the website? Who has the capability to add people
as editors?

I raise this question because we are now starting to see people pop up
with editing privileges who are not briefed or cognizant of editing
policy, who are not signed up for the IMC-Web list, and who are thus
making individual decisions about editing without notice to other editors.

This is obviously in regard to Brian Dolinar's suddenly appearing as an
editor. I'm not necessarily opposed to his or anyone else being an
editor, but this shouldn't be something that seemingly happens randomly
or it is going to lead to further misunderstandings if people start
editing things out of the network of communication we share in lieu of
F2F meetings.