[Imc-web] IMC Reporter Kicked Out of Press Conference

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 8 17:51:34 CDT 2007

I've made this a Feature:
http://www.ucimc.org/node/1361

Apparently, Chief Finney believes he has the right to stage manage the
press to his satisfaction. This sort of behavior by the police chirf
calls into question both his personal maturity and his fitness to serve
as a police chief in a democracy with a free press. It also points out
how stage-managed and embedded most of the dominant media coverage of
law enforcement is in our community. Incidents like this serve as a
reminder to other journalists to keep to throwing softball questions or
otherwise risk losing their own access. Finally, it points out just how
important the independent media is to getting a more complete picture of
what goes on in our community out to the public.
Mike Lehman