[Imc-web] List of Bugs in the New Site

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 28 13:57:14 CDT 2008

Josh asked that I post this. If others have any issues not covered,
please post them, also.
Mike Lehman

A page that duplicates the old website’s model of story content pages
that shows both hidden and visible nodes in the same listing is desirable.

“Browse archive” page should list with newest month’s posts first and
oldest last. The newest posts are those of most use to editors trying to
analyze patterns of bad posting behavior.

A link to a Users list is needed in order to identify new “throw-away”
user accounts that are used by those engaged in patterns of abusive
posting behavior. This list will need a “block” option available to deal
with this problem.

Update the bottom of page disclaimer to include “Posts to Newswires and
Features do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of the
UC-IMC Foundation nor U-C IMC members.” While a Feature is a product of
the Web group’s intervention, they still do not necessarily represent
the point of view of UC IMC.

Confirm that photo files are configured appropriately for syndication.

Latest to oldest format of hidden nodes seems good, but hidden comments
seem jumbled, with year-old hidden comments at top of list.

Editing notes for other editors to view allows only 128 characters. A
larger quota for this, say 400 characters, would be better.

Is it possible to get access to these pages that I regularly used on the
old website? I get access denied messages now:
http://www.ucimc.org/admin/contents
http://www.ucimc.org/admin/comments

Can’t access to post a Panel. Sounds interesting, though.