[Imc-web] Program-Specific Grant Opportunities

Nicole Pion nicole.pion at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 15:18:00 CDT 2008

Hi all,
I wanted to share with the IMC some new grant opportunities.  The Career
Communications Group is hosting 3 different events:
La Familia Technology Awareness Week: October 5-11, 2008
Native American Family Technology Journey: November 2008
Black Family Technology Awareness Week: Feb 15-21, 2009

Organizations are invited to host events for these specific communities,
preferably during the time frames indicated, though programs with other time
frames are welcome, too.  These are opportunities to run grant-funded
events  to support technology expansion into the Black, Hispanic, or Native
American communities.  The suggested options are:
*High Tech Sunday
Business and Technology Day
Research Day
Family Tech evening
Software and Hardware Review Day
Computer Training
Internet Day
Corporate America Open House
Other*

Applicants may request $500, $1,000 or $1,500 amounts to help fund the
event.

There is no deadline for application, but the sooner we apply the better our
chances.  Applicants must answer the following questions:

*Description of Program. (Please tell us about your activity.) *
Time and date of Program. Please tell us the times, dates and locations.
Budget. Give us a detail overview of your budget. You may list in-kind
donations.
Audience and scope of Program. Who will you reach? Discuss the demographics
of the audience.
Impact on the Community. What is the desired outcome of your Program?
Promotion of Activity. How do you plan to promote your Program?
Tell us about yourself and any supporting organizations.
Please give us the names of companies and individuals who can speak about
your organization and send two letters of recommendation to us.*

Please let me know if your group is interested and I will be happy to work
with you.
Nicole