[Imc-web] Re: Jury Committee story

Stephen Fonzo fonzo.stephen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 11:44:20 CST 2009

In helping Brian to format and post his article to the main site, I have the
following observations that may help us get around issues we've had with the
text WYSIWYG editor and with displaying images:

1) The new WYSIWG editor is an improvement, but it still has a problem
digesting and properly formatting Unicode text from Microsoft Word
documents.  To get around this, and to get the documents to display
correctly, I had to the following:
a) Copy and paste Brian's text into a .txt file, and save as ANSI.
b) Take "Word Wrap" *off*, select all, then copy.
c) In web publishing WYSIWG window, disabled rich text, and pasted text from
.txt.
d) Enabled rich text, then made paragraph breaks by hand.

There has to be a better way to do this, especially for those who just want
to post without the hassle of extra steps.

2) With regard to posting images, I noticed that there is no option after
"Thumbnail:".  Furthermore, when I looked at the file path underneath the
image Brian had uploaded, it was incorrect - it was the filepath for an
image of protesters lying down on Oregon Street near the Krannert.  I had to
re-upload, and then direct the image.  It still won't display, though,
unless you click on the link.

3) Under "Publishing Options" I selected "promote to front page."  As long
as a user had Editor access, that's all you have to do to get it to the
front page - along with checking with others at the IMC to make sure it's
front-page material, of course.

-Stephen

--
Stephen Fonzo