[Imc-web] deleted post

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 28 23:14:56 CDT 2009

That does kind of go over the edge.

On the other hand, I think much of the material that's hidden is
instructive in the sense that those who want to come here for a
conversation can see what is within the realm of reasonable discourse
and that which is intentionally not.

BTW, David G. and I were just having a conversation about such things.
Editors should be aware that some features of the editor functions seem
to be live in that users can interact with them. For instance, many
comments are turning up marked as spam. Neither he nor I are doing that,
so we presume other users are.

It's actually a good thing, but we're somewhat uncertain what the
anonymous public might be seeing, for instance, is this stuff hidden or
is someone expecting us to, because we're not. As editors, we spend our
time looking at things we when get a chance in editor mode. If people
what to experiment with such things and report back, that could be useful.

All this begs the question of discussion of policy interaction with
various new features. Tech knows more about what goodies could be
implemented and whether there's really much need for policy to come up
in regards to new features unless issues are foreseen. Everyone involved
has a full in-basket, so I can't seen much of a pro-active agenda for
that. I could see follow-up on bugs, user issues, questions about
implementation, etc but since I haven't a clue about rollout dates or
feature lists, I defer to those that do.
Mike Lehman