[Imc-web] upcoming events

Chris Ritzo chris.ritzo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 13:15:15 CDT 2010

We separated the "events" from stories/articles so that they could have real
date fields, thus sortable & displayable on the calendar. One caveat is that
if you have an article about an upcoming event, you actually have to create
both an article and a community or ucimc event.

If you have editor rights, you can publish UCIMC events immediately when you
are creating or editing the event. If not, the event get's queued up for
review by shows- KeJuan and Ed both get an email. This is in place so people
can submit an event or meeting that they plan to have at the IMC, but actual
scheduling is reviewed, approved and published by shows.

A community event should show up on the community calendar immediately.

The list of "upcoming events" on the front page is a combination of both
upcoming UCIMC and Community events.

Hope this helps clarify. -Chris