[Imc-web] (no subject)

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 25 15:43:09 CST 2011

Don't know how much others have noticed the re: comments. They're mostly
short comments containing ad-links. Over the last few days, as part of
the general increase in spam, I noticed that many of the original
articles they were posted to also contained other comments, seemingly
innocuous, that on closer look turned out to also contain ad links
missed earlier, either by me or other, who simply hid them. At least one
said something about being a "web beacon" whatever piece of spam ridden
crap that might be.

Even when hidden, these seem to be attracting more spam, so I've taken
to carefully reviewing previous comments made to the article the re:
spam is showing up in and deleting those I find, even when they were
hidden. I can only hopes this helps, even a little.

The posting of images that have no image and only spam likewise
continues -- and are being deleted. No other solutions there, I guess,
although I inquired with Tech about them.