[Imcfest-volunteers] Initial Intros and Quick Status...

Elizabeth Simpson elizacorps at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 13:41:08 CDT 2007

This is Beth, willing to do a music performance or
puppet show, and spin fire during the afterparty.

I can also help find the 'activist speakers'.

The aforementioned,
Beth

--- dan blah <blah at chambana.net> wrote:

> Hey all,
> You are getting this email because at some point in
> the last week since
> it was decided to do the IMCfest 2007 you offered up
> you willingness to
> support this event in one way or another.  Please
> with who you are and how you can help out.
>
> This list will be used to handle coordination of the
> event and will also
> be used for status updates.
>
> As it is now the single biggest area I am lacking is
> getting bands to
> get back to me.  I may not even be contacting the
> right ones. If you
> have a good list of bands and contact info in your
> head please send that
> list to this list by emailing
> imcfest-volunteers at lists.ucimc.org.
>
> I am fairly certain we someone who will completely
> manage the art side
> and turn the back Sun Room.  She has good connection
> with the Illinois
> Arts Council (which is good I guess) and is hunting
> down local artists
> and working on a floor design.  I will be posting
> her email address here
> soon for people who are interested in working with
> her.
>
> We also have the electronic after party performers
> mostly locked down.
> I have got several DJs who are willing to help out
> and spin whenever we
> need them.
>
> We could also use a couple people to work on the
> film showing side.  I
> have been talking with Jason Pankoke and need to get
> a hold of Jenny
> Southlynn and Paul Riismandel who are all good
> resources for this kind
> of stuff.  Also, you can check out
> http://www.videoactivism.org/ for
> some good resources.  Please reply if you are able
> and wanting to help here.
>
> We could also use some help finding activist
> speakers who want to
> participate.  Anyone know where to go finding suck
> people?  Again, if
> you are able and wanting help here reply.
>
> Sound guys are locked down as well.  As it is we are
> at least 3 or 4
> people who will be able to handle the sound system.
> We could use a
> couple more though.  Please reply if you are able
> and wanting to help here.
>
> We definitely need a good 10 to 15 people who are
> willing to staff the
> space for the event.  These people will be at the
> entrances, taking
> money, and wandering around making sure things are
> cool.  If you are
> able to do that please reply and ask around if
> people are interested.
>
> Also, does anyone know the process of getting a
> temporary liquor license
> like the Boneyard late night space did?  I think
> this would be fantastic.
>
> Most importantly, start talking about this event.
> In one breath you can
> [...]

I do remember, one time, a man came to me after  the students began to work in Mississippi, and he said the white people  were getting tired and they were getting tense and anything might  happen. Well, I asked him, "how long he thinks we had been getting  tired?” All my life I’ve been sick and tired. Now I’m sick and tired of  being sick and tired.

  -Ms. Fannie Lou Hamer