[Newspoetry] 1-800-531-5421

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 25 22:10:44 CDT 1999

Thanks everyone for your efforts to help save my job from aggressive,
union busting corporate criminals.  I now have a new number to call
Supervalu's Home Office.
Please call as soon as you can, as much as you can and spread the word
to others wherever you can.

People suspect that SuperValu's CEO is being sheilded from what's
happening here in Urbana, so they'd like you to call Minneapolis and
leave
a message.

The number is 800-531-5421.

The message: "I disagree with SuperValu's decision to outsource 150
drivers at the Champaign, IL Distribution Center.  I encourage SuperValu
to reverse the firing or I'll take my
business to non-SuperValu stores.

Attached is the text of a leaflet.  If you would like, I can send you a
Word file of the typeset leaflet.

Supervalu Fires 150 Workers For Trying To Organize

Supervalu, the nation’s largest grocery wholesaler, is firing 150
transportation department employees to prevent them from organizing to
oppose wage and benefit cutbacks.  Although Supervalu made over $191
million in profits last year, it claims it is firing these workers in
one of it’s top performing divisions to cut costs.  However, stores and
customers will see no reduction in delivery costs, according to
management.

The NLRB has so far failed to rule on charges that Supervalu had
threatened to contract out the work to discourage workers from voting
for the union, a threat which Supervalu is now carrying out.  The
representation election was held over a year ago and was recently called
at 75-75, in favor of Supervalu, after the votes of two pro-union
drivers were thrown out, along with the driver’s jobs.  Numerous other
unfair labor practice complaints are still unresolved and the union has
filed a petition for a new election.

Supervalu serves local IGAs, County Market, K-mart and Save A Lot
stores.  They have been supportive of the workers, but let them know
you’re very concerned about Supervalu’s union busting  decision to fire
the workers at it’s Champaign Distribution Center.

Call 1-800-531-5421, Supervalu’s home office and tell Supervalu-It’s
Wrong!!!!!!

For further info contact the Supervalu Workers Support Group, PO Box
2396, Danville, IL 61834   Or call Jennifer at 217-431-8773
Spread The Word-Thanks For Your Solidarity!