FW: [Newspoetry] feedback on draft

enslin at prairienet.org
Thu Aug 19 19:51:59 CDT 1999

>----------
>From: gillespie william k <gillespi at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
>To: Sam Patterson <patterso at rohan.sdsu.edu>
>Subject: [Newspoetry] feedback on draft
>Date: Thu, Aug 19, 1999, 2:09 PM

>> If I had an advanced guidance system.
>>

>(or a hammer)

I thought the reference was to Bruce Cockburn "If I had a rocket
launcher/I'd make somebody pay". I remember thinking when I heard that song
that I was glad he didn't have one (though I appreciated that he was
indignant about US support for the death squads in El Salvador and that
there haven't been many songs about it). It never occurred to me that the
Cockburn was a reference to another song. (If I had a rocket launcher, I'd
hammer in the morning.)

--mark