[Newspoetry] WTO Police Whining on NPR

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 8 07:19:28 CST 1999

I've just been listening to a disgustingly one-sided report on "Morning
Edition"on how the Seattle police did such a good job under such trying
circumstances. The cops noted that the tear- and pepper-gas used was
actually a humanitarian gesture on their part, because the alternatives
were worse.

I suppose we should feel very lucky that it was just rubber and wooden
bullets, instead of real bullets. It is a disturbingly frank
illustration of the slippery slope of violence that the present
militarization of police in the US has put us on.

Mike Lehman