[Newspoetry] SUBLET WILLIAM'S APARTMENT

William Gillespie gillespi at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Wed Dec 8 10:15:00 CST 1999

(apologies for cross-posting)

Hey,

This is all crazy, but I think I'm going to rent the house between Ben's
and Mike's, liberating, essentially, that whole block.

please SPREAD THE WORD:

SUBLET: good-looking 1-BR. 3rd-floor apartment, leasable now through
August, $465 mo. includes everything but electricity, PETS OKAY, plenty
warm in the winter, and it's got nice windows and a deck-like
fire-escape with a great view of downtown Urbana that's almost urban in
its majesty. Quiet, safe neighborhood. One block from Schnuck's, 3 from
Lincoln Square. Call me at 337-6237 at night, 244-4837 by day. Available
virtually immediately. 104 S. Grove #1.

The landlord is a sometime activist (worked on friends of Lincoln Home)
and accomplished square-dancer.

I like it a lot. I'm moving for positive reasons.

(Also, if you know of anyone who could stand to live with me in a small
house - perhaps temporarily - and vice-versa, or if you want to borrow
any of my cats, let me know...)

I'd like to get out by Y2K.

Yow!
William