[Ojc-announce] Re: [Newspoetry] good time to start boycotting amazon.com

Scott Rettberg authors.guide at about.com
Thu Dec 30 17:36:26 CST 1999

I'm with Sigfried here. You gotta keep some copyright. To feed writers with.
Now, sampling is cool, don't get me wrong, and ought to be legal. And people
should be cool about letting other people use their stuff, but you need that
protection. Not all the companies that are profiting off uncopyrighted stuff
are failing (Northern Light, for instance). It's sticky, but some kind of
legal protection needs to stay in place. i think . . . . (of course the
unknown is chock full of what some tightos would call copyright
violations--it all gets weird on the web).

Looking forward to Y2K with the Newspoetry team,

Scott