[Newspoetry] Pinsky

William Gillespie gillespi at uiuc.edu
Fri May 7 14:00:13 CDT 1999

Poet Laureate Robert Pinsky visited the University of Cincinatti.

Dirk said: "I drove Pinsky to the airport and I gave
him one of the two Newspoetry cards I had and urged him to read the
website and contribute if he felt so inclined. he took the card, put
it in his wallet, and said he would check out your site. he takes his
laureate job very seriously so I expect he will, if he hasn't
already: check your server for hits from Boston: one of them will be
our man in Washington, Bob "Dante-Lips" Pinsky."

There's a new link to Newspoetry on the web:
http://trace.ntu.ac.uk/traced/poetry.htm#new

I tried to get the Miningco poetry people to look at it but to no avail.