[Newspoetry] [Fwd: WP - ACLU Takes Case of Teen Suspended for Blue Hair FollowingLittleton Shooting]

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Wed May 26 21:05:58 CDT 1999

I too, am really concerned about the rush to conformity.  I too, have
misgivings about letting corporate America have any more power than they
already do.   I think the root of the problem is the definition of
corporations as persons, just like real, live breathing people.  We need
a constitutional amendment to specifically de-define corporations from
personhood.  This is a big can of worms, so I'll just throw it out there
for people to comment on.

The following indicates a person that needs constitutional protections;
I feel quite strongly that corporations neither deserve nor require such
protections, in order for them to serve the public interest; that was
the original purpose of granting corporate charters, rather than a
guarantee of immunity and enrichment at the public's expense.  That they
have such protections is a symptom of how far our Constitution has
degenerated from what the Founding Fathers and Mothers intended.  Just
as the situation at Supervalu demonstrates, the Constitution is more
often used these day against real, live human beings, instead of being
used to protect them.
Mike Lehman