[Newspoetry] Famous Hypertext Guy Appears

William Gillespie gillespi at staff.uiuc.edu
Fri Nov 12 09:04:53 CST 1999

His name is Michael Joyce (no relation). Sigfried and I took in his
elegantly designed, dense modernist PowerPoint presentation at the Beckman
center. I'm too jealous to form a fair opinion. It's one of those
situations where, if the acclaim and bread and faculty jobs and paying gigs
that a single writer has recieved were to have been divided up among 100
writers of lesser stature, American literature would be a better place. Sez
me.

Got him to sign an autograph for the Unknown, though.

-W.