[Newspoetry] more assignments

Dirk Stratton strattdj at email.uc.edu
Tue Nov 30 14:38:20 CST 1999

>- come up with a slogan for newspoetry.

I've been meditating on this one ever since it first appeared in my
virtual mailbox.

I'm sure I've seen this first suggestion somewhere else, probably
even in Newspoetry or attached to some propaganda for Newspoetry, but
it is so "fitting" that I would be remiss if I did not demonstrate my
support:

		All the poems print to fit.

In a similar vein, I would suggest altering the current designation,
"An alternative news source" because strictly speaking Newspoetry is
not an original source of news, but rather a place where news goes to
get face lifts and tummy tucks from the left-handed surgeons of the
newspoetry crew. Given the formal emphasis urged upon all Newspoets I
propose the following:

		Newspoetry: an alternative news form(um).

Finally, how about something akin to this:

		Always constrained,
		Rarely refrained,
		Never restrained.

			-or-

		Saying yes to constraints, no to restraints.

or some more felicitous version.

working in the mindfields of the bored,

dirk