[Newspoetry] yet more poem(s)

auntbarb at onthejob.net auntbarb at onthejob.net
Sun Oct 3 16:58:15 CDT 1999

Ya'll-

Maiko and I wrote this yesterday.

		Headline Cafe Menu

	Sandwiches

Republican Presidential Candidates Fear Christian Coalition
A delectable blend of Church and State, served on your choice of whole wheat
or white bread.                                                   $6.75
Add soup, salad, or The Bible                                     $10.00

Japanese Nuclear Industry Fucks Up
Tender, Flakey Science Blunder served *sizzling hot* with toast and a special
unidentifiable blue cocktail.                                     $6.75

Y2K Preparedness Questionable
You never know what'll happen with this seasonal specialty!       $5.50

Sherrif's Officers Behave Stupidly, Get indicted, and Still Don't Lose Their
Jobs!
A timeless classic served Aus Jus on a hoagie bun with a complimentary side
of donuts.                                                        $6.00

China Puts On Communism's 50-year Anniversary Bash.
Well-aged and marinated, this sandwich offers a taste for those wanting to
experience something different                                    $7.00

Russia Bombs The Hell Out Of Chechnya For No Apparent Reason
A taste of revenge over a humiliating political defeat!           $8.75

What Actually constitues "Emergency" congressional spending?
Our most inflated sandwich!  Infused with hot air from Washington DC, this
sandwhich will mess with your sense of time and give you a taste of what it's
actually like to be there as congress debates budget allocations.
$250,000 payable in 13 monthly installments

Everone wants Pat Buchannan to Run With Someone Else's Party
Loud-mouthed and uncompromising, this dish invokes the aura of those who
wont shut up even when their facts are wrong.                     $2.00

Ken Starr Spent A Lot Of Money To Prove nothing New
Served last year as "impeachment Surprise", we're rehashing this favorite
for the new millenium.                                        $45,000,000

Massacring Civilians In wartime Declared "Naughty" by US Army Command
If you believe this, we pay you                               $ 0.00

There've been some Earthquakes
Served on a bed of rice with a sauce of inadequate government response time
                                                              $10.95

Restrooms Bombed At traditionally African-American University by White
Supremecist
They're coming out of the woodwork for the millenium!  Our white power flavor
of the week                                                   $6.75

Free Antacid tablets Served With Each Meal

Is it too tasteless?
-Anne