[Newspoetry] Big Files

Dirk Stratton strattdj at email.uc.edu
Sat Apr 1 09:53:31 CST 2000

Dear Newspoets:

mea culpa, mea culpa: it will never happen again. i, too, have a
relatively wimpy computer and an awful internet connection and huge
files have bollixed up my system more than once. in fact, the huge
file i sent to the newspoetry group screwed up my machine when i
received it back. i have two excuses, both bad. first, i didn't have
Joe's (may he be ever be blessed and revered) individual e-mail
address on my machine and even though he really was the only one who
needed the .jpegs, i thought what the heck. second, having never sent
an attachment like that before, i had no idea how large it was and
what that meant as far as reception, etc. 10K, 100K, 1000K??? they're
just abstract numbers to me, i have no idea really what they
represent.
but i have learned my lesson and have repented. my humble apologies
to everyone whose mailbox i stuffed.

--dirk