[Newspoetry] newspoetry shortage looms

Joe Futrelle futrelle at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 5 00:52:20 CDT 2000

Newspoets,

Well, Newspoetry has had another banner month, unlike certain stock
indicies which we need not elaborate on.  However the great millenial
Newspoetry glut of the winter has given way to a trickle and we are
now faced with that most serious of Newspoetry situations: a shortage.
We should join OPEC in expanding our production, so that Newspoetry
consumers aren't forced to pay a premium at the pump for their poetry.
I call upon all able-bodied Newspoets to reach for the nearest muse,
flip on CNN, whip out a copy of USA Today (Seventeen will do just fine
in a pinch) and get cracking on some spring Newspoetry.  Our revered
founder leads the charge with "Spring is Coming".  Let's not be shy
here folks.

Your Editor