[Newspoetry] The Gap and Sweatshops

Bill Wendling wendling at ganymede.isdn.uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 27 02:35:13 CDT 2000

Out of a personal quest, which I'm sure most people here agree with, I
try not to buy things from places which have slave labor practices. I'm
not always able to know when this occurs...a failing on my part. Here's
some information on The Gap (which also owns Old Navy and Banana
Republic, it seems).

Good news, for a change:

	http://www.gapinc.com/community/sourcing/stopping_sweatshops.htm

Does anyone have any more information on this?

I haven't been able to find good information about Abercrombie & Fitch,
alas...and their magazines are really, um, nice to look at ;-)