[Newspoetry] sweatshops

Bill Wendling wendling at ganymede.isdn.uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 27 17:45:34 CDT 2000

Also sprach Benjamin C. Blanchard:
}
} Side note:
} This might not be for the free-time-deprived but I've been considering
} lately getting into making clothing. I know there may be other newspoets
} out there who do this and that one has to initially spring for a sewing
} machine. It's also not 100% recycling because you have to buy fabric
} (which may or may not be manufactured under ideal labor conditions). If
} anyone has experience with this and has essential tips to offer, I'd dig
} it.
}
Wendy used to make clothes. She could be a good resource. It also sounds
like Brian knows how to do such things as well.

If we made our own clothes, we'd only have to research where the fabric
was made...I don't know how to operate a spinning wheel, alas.