[Newspoetry] More From the Streets of LA

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 17 11:47:27 CDT 2000

2 poems
                    by Japhy Ryder 2:36am Thu Aug 17 '00

                               Two poems from the
                               heart about our
                               movements growing
                               numbers.

                     Rising

                     You barely see them on T.V.
                     but from above you can see
                     a brave regrouping clan of wariors
                     emerging out of struggle
                     and have made it through
                     without blindly assimilating
                     into the status quo.
                     Their calloused hands
                     are sowing the seeds of change
                     instilling consideration
                     in a free people.
                     Listen closely and you can hear them tinkering,
                     sabotaging the gears of the elite machine
                     slowing down "progress"
                     to buy the planet some time
                     until focus shifts from profits
                     to the state of our future.
                     When the boycott and revoltion
                     become a mainstream reality
                     the wariors will go back to land
                     and dance around burning piles of money
                     then carefully begin anew.

                     Boycott

                     Those sneaks in office
                     need to be squirming in their seats.
                     we need to reprogram
                     and stay at home
                     American Express and Discover cards cut up
                     and sit tight for a coupla weeks
                     watching the DOW suffer a fatal blow
                     so when all is said and done
                     the time has come to give all
                     creatures their invidual freedom to exist
                     in a world that will provide everything
                     they will ever need.