[Newspoetry] from BetterDogFood.com, the Internet start-up we all want to be

chyn at onthejob.net chyn at onthejob.net
Tue Aug 22 15:02:37 CDT 2000

by Dave Young of OJC

About Our Company

 Welcome to BetterDogFood.COM, where we give you the Dog, and then sell
 you the dog food!

 BetterDogFood.COM is revolutionizing the animal exchange industry
 by distintermediating the legacy business models for the sale of pet
 food on the industry. Our value proposition is simple: everybody likes
 dogs. And, those
                  people who don't like dogs probably like cats, so
                  we bring to this emerging industry a sustainable
                  competitive advantage that cuts across a series of
                  vertical product niches.

                  Like Amazon.Com, we start with the dog, but we have
                  built a general purpose B2B/C2D solution for the
                  procurement and
 exchange of live organisms with a significant upsell annuity in multiple
 food product categories!

 While our technology truly has unlimited potential, we we feel
 strongly that such organism exchange should not include human beings
 or dolphins. This is our committment to you: slavery is not just a bad
 idea, it's against the law.

 The Management Team:

    Rebecca Hargrave ( petchick at betterdogfood.com) is well known for her
    innovative designs and her love of the animal kingdom.  She brings
    to her role as President and Chief Creative
 Officer of BetterDogFood an innate understanding of user interface
 issues that allows pets to better use the Internet. In a past life,
 Rebecca designed and digitized Today's Breeder Magazine.

    Carl Malamud is the Chairman/CEO/Founder of BetterDogFood.COM. Malamud
    began his career at The Telephone Company where he worked under the
    tutelage of the
 legendary Arlington Hewes. Malamud is a frequent international speaker
 in places such as Kazakhstan. His dog's name is Bob.

    Spot is the cuddly, lovable mascot of BetterDogFood.COM. When he's not
    indulging in his passion for chasing cars, he is working like a dog on
 his personal web page at Epinions. As a result, he's managed to
 teach himself to sit, stay, fetch, play dead, code HTML and optimize
 graphics. Fortunately, we are able to use this unique combination of
 skills to sustain our competitive advantage.

--
David Young                   On the Job Consulting
dyoung at onthejob.net     Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933