[Newspoetry] Missing Hat!

Rob Wittig wit at tank20.com
Thu Aug 24 18:19:56 CDT 2000

now I aint sayin nothin
but if and it just might happen
that a certain said hat
were to be in a certain meplapolitan location
say, chicago
and of course
no claims is being made one way or the other
such a said hat
was to be in the posseshkamon of a certain party
who is very partyicular about the care and feedin of hats
as it were
and great care an attention was bein devoted to
shall we say
quotes preserve unquotes
the aforesaid hat from any like
damage
then woun't it stan to reason
that the beforementioned former owner
of the said hat
would spontaneamuskly feel obligegated
to reunberse the party of the second part
to wit the hat caretaker you might say
to the tune of
oh let's talk a minimum
I mean a minimum your nowadays preservation of a hat
oh jeez
hat preservation?
hat preservation in the year 2000?
on the innernational market
christ that runs you at least a minimum of
500 zords
just as you know what I'm saying a
courtesy
to the hat preserver
as you might have it
I could perhaps pass the
word
along to such a hapothetical hat preservation organization
so this is just a word you heard from no one
not from me
I said nothing
I heard nothing
I'm Sargeant Schultz