[Newspoetry] mottos

William Gillespie wordwork at shout.net
Thu Aug 31 12:12:24 CDT 2000

Looks stellar Joe! Here's two possible mottos:

     "It is difficult
                    to get the news from poems
                                    yet men die miserably every day
                                                    for lack
                    of what is found there."
-William Carlos Williams [maybe replace line breaks with slashes? I
dunno. To see how it looks on the page (it has spacing)  see
<http://www.poets.org/poems/poems.cfm?prmID=1386> - near
the end ]

"What kind of times are these/ when to write about trees is almost a
crime/ because it implies silence about so many
horrors?"
-Bertholt Brecht

          w w w .
          w o r d